Sunday, April 30, 2006

When It All Clicks and Comes Together

Well for all of you out there wondering how the weekend went, it went wonderful. In the morning I cleaned and I ran around all afternoon Saturday shopping. I went to Linen & Thing for curtains for my guest room, Borders Books & Music for a gift for my Nephew’s daughter ( A book and a stuff animal set ), Target for a new robe and Stop & Shop for the food for dinner. When I got home I laid down on the couch and the next thing I knew the doorbell was ringing. The dinner went off without a hitch, the only reaction I got when I answered the door was an “Oh” and a smile and the only negative of the night was that they called me Don and “he”, but I’ll work on that.
Today we went up to my nephew’s condo for the birthday party, but I went as Don, I still have to tell the extended family.
So without future ado, here some photos I took on a walk of Litchfield (They are all within a half a mile of my nephews condo at the school)............















The above house is the house is the birthplace of Harriet Beecher Stowe. Litchfield located in the northwest hills of Connecticut, has many other historic sites. The town itself is an old farming town and county seat dating back to the colony days. It is where Sarah Piece opened to first academy for girls in America in 1792 and in 1738 Revolutionary War leader Ethan Allen was born here. Now many movie stars and New Yorker’s have weekend homes in the area such as Susan Saint James.



And this is the private school where my nephew teaches.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased the weekend went so well for you!

    Beautiful photos, I love seeing an area of the country that I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete