Saturday, April 01, 2006

COS Banquet


March 26th

You know sometimes everything just comes together just right. The last five days were like that, even though it was hectic, it was a good sort of hectic and it cumulated in the COS Banquet last night. Yesterday morning I rushed over to the True Colors conference ( As usual I was a little late. ) and help out all morning trying to co-coordinate the presenter and trying to get that part to run smoothly, it was like controlled chaos. But it was rewarding knowing that I helped out in some small way. I left at noon to rush home and pack for the Banquet.


Then I rush over to the Meriden railroad station to pick up Helen and Betty, our guest speaker and her spouse, they are two of the nicest people I have ever met. The Banquet ran smoothly thanks to our tireless efforts of our Banquet Committee of one, she put it all together and I don't who was more nervous me or her, but it came off flawlessly. The Awards Committee, myself and one other handed out the awards to our members, a Newcomer and a Service Awards. When I gave the award out I got so tongue tied I couldn't say anything right, but when I do outreach I can talk and talk with no problem. Stand me up behind a podium and I become speechless. Go figure! They surprised me with and acknowledgement my efforts for COS. It brought me to tears, thanks from the bottom of my heart. I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me. I managed to crawl up to my room around twelve-thirty.

This morning I took Helen and Betty to the train station, we stopped first to have a late breakfast and a nice leisurely conversation. Once again, thank you for coming to speak and for treating me to breakfast.

And now tomorrow, back to the reality of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment