Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa..............

I am guilt of slacking off writing an update for my Blog, I have been busy cleaning the house for my brother and sister-in-law who are coming down Saturday night to stay over. They are coming down to stay over for my nephew’s daughter’s birthday party on Sunday, my grand niece will be three. So I have been putting away the clutter that has been building up around my house and running errands to get some stuff that I have been putting off. I am planning on cooking Shrimp Creole for them Saturday night when they get here and they don’t know yet but they are going to be having dinner with Diana. We’ll see how that goes over when I answer the door for them. I don’t think they will problem with it and my brother has eaten dinner with me, however my sister-in-law hasn’t.
I just got back from the Connecticut TransAdvocacy Coalition’ Board meeting where I offered to help out with writing a request for a grant. I have never written one before and I think that this would be good training for me. Here is a little secret of mine, I am thinking about going back to college to get my Master’s in Social Work. Now there’s a 180 turn from a Bachelors in Electronics to a Masters in Social Work. But as I get more and more involved in the GLBT community the more I want to help and the degree would help out immensely. However, I am scared of all the what if’s, what it I don’t do well, what if I can’t handle the class load, what if......... It has been over thirty years since I sat in a classroom and had to take tests, what if I freeze up on the tests. Well anyhow writing a grant would be a positive step towards that goal.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your dinner with your brother and sister-in-law goes well for you this weekend. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - good luck with dinner, Diana! I'm sure everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete