Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter Thoughts

I am debating whether to go down to my niece’s in New Jersey for Easter. My brother and most of his family are heading down there for Easter, but it is a long drive for me almost three hours and then three hours back. So I am trying to decide, I would like to be there with them but on the other hand it is six hours of traveling just to see them and have dinner. So I will probably decide some time Saturday at the last minute.
But am one of the lucky one, I have a family that cares and I know that many friends in the GLBT will be sitting home alone this holiday weekend. They don’t have a family to go to, they have been disinherited for being themselves, their family has cut off all contact with them because they are Trans or Gay or Lesbian or Bisexual. If you know someone like that give them a call this Easter, talk to them or better yet, invite them over for Easter dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I had a great Easter...woke up at 2pm and did my taxes! ;)

    (ok, I just have to say that my confirmation word is "xpekrd" and I couldn't help but read it as "ex-peckered" - ha)

    ReplyDelete