Saturday, June 12, 2010

On The Road Day 5

I’m glad I rented a car, it is nice to be able to get around on my own and not have to depend on others for a ride.

Yesterday, I wanted to drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway for about an hour and a half turn around and come back to the hotel. I packed a lunch and headed off for the mountains, but I quickly found out that the parkway was closed so I had to take a detour around the section that was closed. So I took the detour around the closure and the detour was over an hour long instead of a half hour drive along the parkway. The detour took me through Pisgah National Forest, it was a beautiful ride, but it was not the scenic parkway.

Once I got to the parkway, the view was breathtaking. There was a haze in the air from the humidity and it gave the mountains the bluish tint. Here are a few of the pictures that I took…

The Cold Mountain Overlook.

The Pounding Mill Overlook.

My rental car.
Later, I went over to my nephew’s future in-law’s bar and grill to join my brother and family. It is a nice little place on Lodge St. in Asheville.

I have been up since 4:00am! Just what I don't need today with the wedding this evening, at 6:00pm. By the time everyone starts to party, I would have been awake 14 hours. :-(

Day Six is here.

1 comment: