Saturday, May 14, 2022

Saturday 9: Give a Little Love

Saturday 9: Give a Little Love (1988)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Sorry about not answering last week’s Saturday 9, something came up that side tracked me.


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

In memory of Naomi Judd (1946-2022)

1) In this week's song, the Judds tell us they aren't impressed by diamonds or foreign travel. If you had your choice, would you prefer a $1,500 diamond pendant or a $1,500 voucher from United Airlines?

Hmm… I’ll take the diamond, you could always sell the diamond. There is no place that I would like to go.

2) In the video for this song, the Judds are shown having fun on the beach. Do you have any trips to the beach planned for the upcoming summer months?

Yes, to my cottage but doctor’s appointment, graduation parties, and another events got in my way.

3) Early in their career, this mother-daughter duo performed in clubs venues around San Francisco, where they called themselves The Hillbilly Women. Have you recently been to a bar or restaurant with live music?

Nope, there used to be a coffee shop that I went to for folk music.

4) They moved to Nashville in 1979 in search of greater success. During the three years it took them to score a record contract, Naomi supported the family as a part-time nurse and occasional model. She enjoyed the flexibility so her schedule could accommodate auditions. Do you like having a pre-planned schedule? Or would you rather keep things loose?

Nope. I am retired.

5) Wynona sang the Elvis classic "Burning Love" in 2002 Disney movie Lilo and Stitch. What's the most recent Disney movie you've seen?

Um… it was so long ago I don’t remember. Was Up a Disney movie?

6) In 2011, Wynona wrote her first novel, Restless Heart, about a country singer struggling with the price of fame. Have you ever tried your hand at writing fiction?

Nope, but a friend just write a spy novel that is pretty good. Unfortunately I gave it to my brother to read and I forgot the name.

7) Kid sister Ashley Judd is the only woman in her immediate family to not change her first name. Naomi was born Diana, and Wynona was originally Christina. Do you like your first name?

 Yes, I picked it out myself.

8) In 1988, the year this song was popular, Sonny Bono went from entertainer to politician when he was elected Mayor of Palm Springs. Have you met the mayor of your town?

No. However, I am on an advisory council for the governor does that count?

9) Random question: Were you a member of the Columbia House Record Club?

Yes, I got many of my CDs from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last month I went to see Amy Schneider of Jeopardy fame at a talk she gave at Sacred Heart University.



6 comments:

  1. How cool that you got to meet Amy Schneider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Amy Schneider--what an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up IS a Disney movie. I have showed it to my kids this year too. Such a good one. Very cool picture! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can work around all those other things and get to the cottage for plenty of beach time. A beach cottage would be a dream come true for me. Very cool, getting to meet Amy Schneider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the name of the author of the spy book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get it for you next Saturday 9.

      Delete