Thursday, August 26, 2021

There Is “Out” And Then There Is “OUT”

There is coming out to the family and then there is coming out to the world and when you are an actress or an actor when you come out the whole world knows.
Tommy Dorfman Says She's "Genuinely Happy" for the First Time Since Transitioning
Tommy Dorfman opened up about her medical transition, sharing that she no longer feels saddled by depression and drug and alcohol addiction.
E!
By Cydney Contreras
August 24, 2021


The 13 Reasons Why actress told Ladies First podcast host Laura Brown that beginning her medical transition has done wonders for her mental health. "I just switched my hormones, and I've never felt better in my life," she said, noting that she spent the last "28 years of my life suicidal and depressed and recovering from alcoholism and drug addiction.

"I don't think I've ever been genuinely happy until this past year. I look at the Internet chronicle of photos of me since I started working, and I can see how f--king unhappy I was in every photo," she remarked. "It's wild."

Part of this newfound contentment comes from the fact that Tommy is living as the woman she always saw herself as. She shared, "Whenever I close my eyes or dream, I see myself as a woman. That was always the case."
That’s the thing, for us we grew up being trans, no one knew our internal struggle so when we came out it was a complete surprise to everyone and a big relief to us not to hide anymore.
Part of this newfound contentment comes from the fact that Tommy is living as the woman she always saw herself as. She shared, "Whenever I close my eyes or dream, I see myself as a woman. That was always the case."
I know that it was hard for me to come out to the family, just imagine coming out to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment