Saturday, August 14, 2021

Saturday 9: Smelly Cat (1995)

Sam's Saturday 9: Smelly Cat (1995)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.

1) Poor Smelly Cat lives with negligent humans who refuse to take it to the vet. Who is the last doctor you spoke to (vet, MD, dentist, PhD ...)?
Well if you include all healthcare providers then it is my endo APRN last month but if you want a MD then it was my PCP.
My endo I have been with since 2004.
She used to with my endo doctor Dr. Petit and I followed her to different practices.

2) This song was introduced during the second season of Friends. Were you a fan of the show?
No, but I am with the reruns.

3) On the show, the song was performed by Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), an amateur folk singer and a professional masseuse. There was a debate on Reddit about massages -- some loved them because they are relaxing and therapeutic, others think it's "creepy to be undressed and handled by a stranger." How about you? Do you enjoy massages?
Nope, and I agree that it is "creepy to be undressed and handled by a stranger" and the only one that I had I hurt so bad the next morning that I couldn’t go to work the next day.

4) During the run of Friends, Phoebe was roommates first with Monica and then with Rachel and finally with her true love, Mike. Tell us about one of your roommates.
Outside of college I never had a roommate.

5) Phoebe often performed for tips on street corners or at her favorite coffee shop, Central Perk. Where is your favorite place to go for a cup of joe?
Dunkin.
Any Dunkin anywhere.
I joked when I was looking for the cottage that the one I bought was just down the street from a Dunkin helped me to decide to buy it.

6) This song was originally called "Smelly Dog," inspired by a pooch named Gouda. The childhood pet of Friends writer Betsy Borns, poor Gouda could have smelled better. Is there an odor you'd prefer to never smell again?
Skunk… see last’s week Saturday 9

7) 35% of American households include a cat. Are there any pets at your house?
Sorry, no pets. 

8) In 1995, the year Phoebe first performed "Smelly Cat," Steve Fossett became the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific in a hot air balloon. Have you ever ridden in a balloon?
No, but it is on my bucket list, and a person that I know works for a balloon company as a chaser.

9) Random question: Looking over your romantic history, have you broken more hearts, or had your heart broken more often?
I had it broken more often.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you and I both make it up in a balloon someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The annual hot air balloon festival is next weekend and they offer "tethered rides" and I might try to get a ticket. The free ride is around $200, so that will stay on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really modest. I do not even like being half dressed for a doctor. I do not put myself through being half naked for a massage. I had always worried about hurting afterwards too. Sorry that happened to you. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you have had your heart broken so many times. Sounds like your massage person got a little to into it for a first time. It really does depend on who is giving the massage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Professional balloon chaser. What an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My romantic life is a lot of could have, should have but why settle for less.
    I hate everything about the Smelly Cat business, don't think its funny and shows grown folks acting like fools.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had a real massage from anyone other than the hubby. I went to a chiropractor and end up hurting more. I have had acupuncture and it helped!

    ReplyDelete