Saturday, April 25, 2020

Saturday 9: All Right

Sam’s Saturday 9: All Right (1983)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Hey, I’m going to be home all day! Wow a first in a long time



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song has an optimistic message about love: "It gets tough sometimes, but you can give it one more try ..." Do you tend to take an optimistic look at life?
I am a pessimist. My brother says that I inherited the worry gene from our mother.

2) In this song, Christopher Cross sings, "Time and time again I see people so unsure like me ..." Tell us about a recent time when your confidence could have used a boost.
Thursday… I don’t want to go into details.

3) The Doobie Bros.' Michael McDonald plays on this record. Do you have a favorite Doobie Bros. Song?
Hmm… just one?
"Listen to the Music"
"Jesus Is Just Alright"
"Long Train Runnin'"
"China Grove"
"Black Water"
"Takin' It to the Streets"
"It Keeps You Runnin'"

4) Though no longer making hits, Christopher Cross still has loyal fans who attend his concerts. Time permitting, he spends time after each show signing autographs. Have you ever asked a celebrity for his/her autograph?
Nope.

5) Christopher Cross' dad was an Army doctor stationed at Walter Reed Army Hospital in Washington, DC. With all the museums and monuments, our nation's capital could be a great place for a kid to grow up ... except sometimes we take the advantages of our hometown for granted. Tell us about a nearby museum, park, theater, etc., you'll visit again when this period of crisis is over and it's agreed that it's safe to do so.
Okay, I have a little museum a couple of miles from me. I never knew that it existed until art appreciation class in college when the professor talked Thomas Hart Benton collection at the New Britain Museum of American Art. Hun? I never even heard of it and it was only a couple of miles away.  I go walking right by it in Walnut Hill Park and never even knew what it was. Then about twenty years ago I went to it with some friends and I found out that not only do they have the best Benton collection but also they have one of the best Hudson School paintings in the nation. Wow!
I found out that the library has free passes.

6) In 1983, when "All Right" was popular, Flashdance was a hit in movie theaters and on the radio. What's the most recent movie you watched? Most recent song you heard on the radio?
I don’t know, I usually listen to music while I am reading or driving.

7) Also in 1983, America West Airlines took off, flying between Las Vegas and Phoenix. They went nationwide in 2005 after they merged with US Airways. In 2013, they merged again, this time with American Airlines. Do you collect miles in an airline loyalty program?
Ha! The last time I flew on a commercial airline was 1999.
Now if you are talking about the last time I flew, it was on a Gulfstream IV. You can read about it here in my first post on this blog.

8) Super Mario Bros. debuted in 1983. Can you name gaming's most famous siblings?
Nope.
I am not a gamer.

9) Random question -- Under hypnosis, you discover you lived three past lives. In the first, you were wealthy beyond your wildest imaginings, thanks to a loveless marriage. In the second, you were a star on the roller derby circuit who had earned the nickname "Smasher." In the third, you were a brilliant mathematician who worked your way through school as an exotic dancer. Which of these would you find most shocking?
The first one, marrying for money.
I did try hypnosis once to lose weight… I had the best sleep that I ever had. After the session she give you a tape of the session, in the background you can hear me snoring away.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to you on Thursday. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your profile....I started on Geocities in 2000 too. Remember when we wrote JOURNALS and other people wrote BLOGS. There used to be a difference. I still write daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't go under hypnosis--I've tried many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't seem to do anything but fall asleep with hypnosis, either. Oh well, a nap is always good. LOL

    I hope everything turned out okay with the cottage and the dry rot situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take it the hypnosis didn't work? I've been under several times but I don't know that it actually helped anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried hypnosis. I wonder if it would be effective for me. And I agree, marrying for money is the ickiest of the options.

    ReplyDelete