Saturday, April 04, 2020

Saturday 9: Could've Been

Sam’s Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?
Oh that is a hard one to answer… it has been a long time ago.
Ah… I thought of a song
I saw the movie on a date and I always like this scene.

2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?
Well I am not a big fan of crowds so I would prefer outdoor concerts.
The last concert that was Falcon Ridge Music Festival a couple of years back (Wow it was actually six years ago).
Here is a video I made of the photos that I took at the festival

3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?
Ha! Ha!
Being trans is not a walk in the park.

4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 50th state?
No, but I would like to visit it sometime… but time is running out  on my long “Bucket List”

5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the pre-historic Flintstones?
I was a little old for them when they came out so I never really got into them, however being a sifi fan I would pick the futuristic Jetsons.

6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?
I want to go to the park to walk but the weather has not been cooperating it has either been rainy or cold and windy.

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?
I think it has to be “Respect”

8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?
Well I don’t like NASCAR, I don’t see the sport in driving a round, and a round, and a round.
I like road racing like the Formula 1 Grand Prix racing. I have been to Lime Rock Park a number of times.

9) Random question: Do you find it easy to sit still, or are you fidgety?
I’m fidgety, I have a short attention span. I wouldn’t doubt that I have some type learning disorder.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Diana, I imagine your personal journey has been a tough one. It's wonderful that you're devoted to making it easier for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scene from Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. I've seen the movie many times...Mom was a huge Paul Newman fan. :)

    I hope you get your walk in the park. These days are surely making us appreciate the little freedoms we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the Diana I see here just makes me think your journey has made you stronger. I am sorry it is so hard to just be yourself. It is not fair. :(
    Oh the weather is ridiculous! I am so tired of rain. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've still got snow on the ground (although it IS melting!) so walking around outside is still messy. I did sit on the front porch for quite awhile today, soaking up the sun. It's 40 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had a lot of rain too and it has made this self-isolating thing that much more difficult.

    ReplyDelete