Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday 9: I Don't Care

Sam’s Saturday 9: I Don't Care (2019)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

I have earns to run again, so I might not be able to reply to your posts. I will approve them when I get home.



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song begins with Ed Sheeran admitting he's not enjoying the party he's at. What's something you have to do this weekend, but don't want to do?
You picked a good day to ask that question.
I am driving up and back today to look at the construction for the addition to the cottage… they found dry rot on the sill plate and rim joists.


2) Justin Bieber sings about trying to have a conversation at a party. Have you seen any of your social gatherings cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic?
All of them and now we are using Zoom. I had a meeting on Zoom yesterday and I have another one for the legislative committee that I am on.
And yes, I know of the security problems with Zoom but they have been fixed.

3) Both Ed and Justin conclude that this party -- and everything else -- is okay because they're with the ones they love. Who in your life always makes you feel comfortable and content?
My brother… he’s a saint.

4) Ed and Justin have both appeared on The Simpsons. Are you a Simpsons fan?
Nope, but I do admit that parts that are posted on Facebook are funny.

5) Speaking of animation, Ed Sheeran has said that he'd love to do a Disney soundtrack, like Elton John's Lion King. Do you have a favorite Disney movie?
I haven’t watch a Disney movie since ‘Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color” went off the air.

6) Justin Bieber is fluent in French, and Ed says he knows enough to get by. Say something to us in French.
Oui, bonjour (spell checker keeps changing it to Bourbon)

7) Justin can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes. Are you good at puzzles?
Not really, I do like jigsaw puzzles.

8) In 2019, the year this song was popular, 20 new governors took office. Tell us something about the governor of your state (or commonwealth)?
He is really making a name for himself in a good way. He is standing up to the bullying out of Washington and he seems to be on top of the virus here in Connecticut and he is working with neighboring states to control the virus.

9) Random question: Did you more recently give a compliment, or receive one?
Yes, to my Board members. They organized a Zoom panel on how the community is dealing with the plague.

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy, dry rot is not what you want to find. I hope the problem can be fixed without too much trouble or cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed they found dry rot! I hope it's a solvable problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your governor too, our governor here in NY is the superstar...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad the states are taking the lead and doing what needs to be done for people. Yay for your governor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got dry rot around my living room windows. I'm socking money away for the repair and window replacement. So I feel for you.

    Just thinking about it makes me want a bourbon (not bonjour!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Sorry about the dry rot.
    I hate sitting for Zoom meetings. The ones we have seem to go on and on and on forever. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete