Saturday, June 29, 2019

Saturday 9: Ooh La La

Sam's Saturday 9: Ooh La La (2013)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.*

1) "Ooh la la" is defined as an interjection said when you think someone or something is "surprising, unusual or attractive." Looking back over this week, did you come across anything that deserves an "ooh la la?"
The lobster roll I had last night for dinner

2) In this song, Britney Spears sings that she's eager to accompany you, even if you're not a millionaire. But let's say you suddenly become really rich. What's the first leisure trip you would take with your new funds? Who would you bring along?
A RV trip out west to the national parks… who wants to come with me?

3) Britney is eager to dance with you, even if you don't wear designer clothes. Let's say you need to add a blouse (or shirt) to your wardrobe. Where's your go-to for clothes shopping?
Dress Barn (Now Roz and Ali but they are closing so I have to find a new place to shop) for professional clothes Kohl’s and Target for causal clothes.

4) The video begins with Britney at the movies with her two young sons. Will you be seeing any family members this weekend?
Nope.

5) This is a theme from the movie Smurfs 2. A Smurf is a little blue creature who lives in a mushroom-shaped house in the forest. Assuming that your home is not shaped like a mushroom and isn't in the forest, how would you describe your abode? (Mansion, ranch house, farm house, high-rise, igloo ...)
A modified Cape.

From 4 or 5 winters ago

6) Britney admits to smoking and biting her nails. What bad habit do you wish you could break?
Eating midnight snacks

7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking over your working life, have you been more nervous on your first day of a job, or the last one?
The last day I couldn’t wait to get out the door.

8) Also in 2013, golfer Phil Mickelson won the British Open. When did you most recently golf?
The last time I golfed was miniature golf two years ago.

9) Random question -- On what part of your body was the last itch you scratched?
All over… I sat out on the deck last night and the “No-See-Ums” and I got like bites all over but mainly on my ankles.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

*My generation when we hear "Ooh La La" many of us think of the Faces version.

8 comments:

  1. Swing by and pick me up... a RV trip sounds awesome! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently a lot of us only play miniature golf and not often at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll come on the RV Trip to national parks. Sounds wonderful. And.. wow.. I haven't thought of the Faces Ooh La La in forever! Better than Britney's I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A national parks trip sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No-see-ums are a curse! GRRR ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just sick over the Dress Barn closing. I have a wedding coming up and I am going to try there first for an outfit.
    Your house is beautiful!
    I will go with you on that RV trip out west...it would be gorgeous wouldn't it? Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll go on your RV trip. Not to see the parks or anything. I just want to fight with Lori over who rides shotgun.

      Delete
  7. Yum...lobster roll. I am so looking forward to our cruise up the New England coast at the end of July and all the yummy seafood. (I plan to OD on it!) No-see-ums are the worst. We tried to sit out last weekend and I only lasted 30 minutes or so before I was tired of being a buffet for the bugs!

    ReplyDelete