Saturday, June 08, 2019

Saturday 9: I'm Moving On

Sam’s Saturday 9: I'm Moving On (1965)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Chyvonne Scott sings that she's sick of her lover's "conniving." Tell us about a time you felt deceived. (It doesn't have to involve romance.)
Just recently, they asked us to post an event on our non-profit Facebook page, then it was one request after another ending up with them wanting us to send a letter endorsing their graduate research project.

2) She realizes it's time to move on to another love. What's your favorite love song? Is it about a relationship that's running smoothly? Or is it like "I'm Moving On," about an unhappy love affair?
I am going to pass on this question since I don’t really have a favorite love song.

3) Though Chyvonne Scott enjoyed only limited success as a recording artist, she was very popular in New York clubs. When did you most recently listen to music performed live?
The Saturday before Memorial Day when I had a party at my house,some of my friends brought their guitars.

4) In 2017, this song appeared on a Samsung commercial that poked fun at rival iPhone. Is your cell phone an Apple or Android? How did you choose your phone?
Android Nokia 6.1, I chose it because in has a new version  of the Android operating system which allows you to delete the apps that came with the phone.

5) Chyvonne is an unusual name. In 1965, when this song was first released, the most popular baby names in the US were Michael and Lisa. Do you have any Michaels or Lisas in your life?
Yes, I know of a couple of Michaels or Lisas.

6) Also in 1965, Winston Churchill died. In researching this week's Sat. 9, Sam discovered a Churchill quote that's new to her: "I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." Share something interesting that you recently learned.
A new free software program (I hate Apps… they are programs or software and the people who program them are programmers… not coders) called Notepad++ that edits HTML code. It is pretty neat, sometimes you forget to close a tag or you miss a comma and this picks up the errors and highlights them.

7) In 1965, one of the most successful movies ever made, The Sound of Music, was released. Have you ever seen it?
Oh yes, many times it has been on TV.

8) Lava lamps were already popular in England and Brussels, but in 1965 they were introduced in the US. Do you think lava lamps are cool?
Yes, in college we tried making one it was a bust.
It is not hard to make (now with the internet it is easy to find “how to” videos) it is just wax, mineral oil and alcohol. The trick is finding the right types of wax with the right specific gravity that is less than the mineral oil and alcohol when it is hot and greater than the mineral oil and alcohol when it is cold.

9) Random question -- You have to buy something very personal that you find embarrassing. Would you rather pay cash for it, so your identity would be unknown but you'd have to face the cashier? Or order it online, where you could avoid looking anyone in the eye, but you have to share your name and address?
I take the anonymous approach, so I don’t have to stand in-line and all the people behind me see what I am buying.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



It is a beautiful morning; I am sitting out on the deck drinking my morning coffee as I write the blog. There are wild roses in my back yard and they are very fragrant, they fill the air with a beautiful perfume. 

5 comments:

  1. A homemade lava lamp! Now that would be an accomplishment! Maybe you should give it another shot.

    I hadn't thought of the people in line behind me, participating in my embarrassing moment. Another reason to shop online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lava lamps, I've always been fascinated by them.

    Sounds like a perfectly lovely way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your final closing remarks. Excellent. I love playing my guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cool you tried to make a lava lamp. I love those things. I think they are so relaxing.
    Your party sounds like so much fun with the music and all. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there went the mystery of the lava lamp! LOL

    ReplyDelete