Thursday, August 30, 2018

Whew… What To Write About

I searched Google News, Yahoo News, Facebook Trans Health page and no new stories popped up, we are in the summer doldrums.

As many of you know I bought a small cottage on Cape Cod in a town near Provincetown and as many of you also know Massachusetts is has a question on their ballot this November to keep protection in public accommodations. The religious right wants to revoke our protections and is mounting a well-funded campaign against us which much of the money coming from sources from outside the state.

The latest polls that I’ve seen put the repeal at a statistical tie.

So what can you do to help in Massachusetts?

Since I am not a resident of Massachusetts I can’t vote in the election but what I can do is be visible.

I live my life as an out trans woman.

I ride the bus, I go shopping, I eat at restaurants, I go to flea markets, I waited in line to get my beach permits, and going to the beach; in other words I am not hiding. I am being seen.

You can do this also and if you want to do more like volunteering to work for a candidate.

You can volunteer to work for the organizations like Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC), and MassEquality

They need everyone to help to make sure we don’t lose our rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment