Sunday, December 17, 2017

Tell Me About It!

When I first started hormones the doctor told me to expect breasts about a cup size smaller then my mother’s and it turned out to be true.
Transgender women may get small breasts with hormones
Reuters
By Lisa Rapaport
December 14, 2017

(Reuters Health) - Transgender women who take sex hormones to feminize their bodies may not experience as much breast development as they expect, a new European study suggests.

Researchers followed 229 people transitioning from male to female for one year after they started taking what’s known as cross-sex hormones. For this type of transition, hormone therapy consists of both anti-androgens to block the activity of male sex hormones and curb male characteristics as well as estrogens to encourage breast development and feminization.
Um… I wouldn’t say “expect” but rather “hope” for.
Only 21 of the trans women attained a bra size of an A cup or larger after one year of hormone therapy, the study found.

“In our experience, trans women have high expectations of the breast size they gain with hormone therapy,” said lead study author Dr. Christel de Blok of the Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria at the VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam.

“This study provides doctors with some evidence that it is less than often thought or hoped,” de Blok said by email.
Yup. I go along with that, but for me it took a lot more than a year.
One limitation of the study is that breathing can influence breast size measurements, and it’s possible not all participants were breathing in the same way when they were assessed, the authors note.
Ah… what is the right way to breathe? I always thought you inhale and follow that be an exhale, so what am I doing wrong, I must be doing something right since I made it to my late sixties.

I will tell you that I wish that my breasts stick out father than my stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from the UK. Good luck to you and your endeavours.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I'm not on hormones, I can heartily second your wish in that last sentence "that my breasts stick out father than my stomach." I suspect a lot of us have that desire!

    ReplyDelete