Saturday, December 09, 2017

Saturday 9: My Church



Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: My Church (2016)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a woman who loves singing along with her car radio. Is that something you enjoy?
Photography (Ops... I misread the question,that is what happens when you answer at 4 AM)
Yes, I do and one time I was signing along with Queen Bohemian Rhapsody at a stop light
and a police car up along side in the turn lane. He saw me signing and had a frown on his face so I lowered so he could hear the song and he started laughing.

2)  The video begins with Maren Morris finishing her cigarette before getting behind the wheel. Do you allow smoking in your car?
Nope.

3) In this song, Maren admits she's lied. What's the last fib you told?
It has been so long ago and I really don’t keep track of that.

4) She mentions having her radio on the FM dial. Are you loyal to a single radio station? Or do you spin the dial?
Okay, first off nobody spins a dial anymore… you press the “Scan” button
I have a number of Sirius channels and also regular AM and FM stations presets on my radio.

5) Maren was inspired to write this song while on a long car trip from Nashville to Los Angeles. When do you get your best ideas? (In the shower, behind the wheel, over lunch with friends ...)
At 3 AM when I wake up and can’t get back to sleep

6) She performed this song on Saturday Night Live last year. The host that week was John Cenna. Do you follow professional wrestling?
First I had to Google John Cenna to find out who he is. I think professional wrestling is a joke (and don’t forget that Connecticut is the home of the WWF and the McMahons.

7) In 2016, when this song was popular, Alex Rodriguez played his final Major League Baseball game. He has embarked on a second career as a broadcaster. Would you be comfortable on camera?
Um… I been on television about a dozen times including the talk heads on Sunday morning shows.

8) A 2016 study revealed that 43% of Americans own mutual funds, many in their 401(k)s and IRAs. Are you involved in the stock market?
Oh yes, the market has been very, very good to me.

9) Random question: You have something awkward and embarrassing that you simply must tell a pal. You know your friend will not be happy with the news. Would you prefer to deliver it by email, in a phone call, or face to face?
Face to face, if you something bad to tell them you should do it face-to-face and not copout by doing it by email. Over the phone is a little better than by email. I know someone who got fired by email; as far as I’m concerned the boss didn’t have the guts to do it in person.
I have had to fire some of my technicians and for one technician I cried they entire time I did it (he showed up drunk work, we had already sent him to rehab two times and would have done it for the third time or for how many times he needed but he refused treatment so I had to fire him after 20 years with the company), while for another technician I was glad to fire him after he tried to strangle another tech. I was scared to fire him, he was aggressive and short tempered, also he was always talking about guns; so I told HR that I was talking a few days off after I fired him. HR hired a couple of guards for a couple of months afterwards, the whole factory was nervous about him (he was transferred from another division when they closed the department that he worked in, it added over a half hour each way to his commute. If he didn’t take he would have been let go without unemployment insurance… so he was not a happy camper.).

6 comments:

  1. You're wrong about no one spinning the dial. I do! I listen to my shower radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, you have a point on that spin thing. I actually rely upon the arrows on my steering wheel to scan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bedroom clock radio (a relic from the 80s) still has a dial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Gal, I have a shower radio that still has a dial. It's also very old!

    Your story about firing people is rather hair-raising. It sounds terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awful thing to have to deal with that employee! I hate scenes like that and try to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Situations like firing the nasty employee make me thankful I'm retired and don't need to deal with it any more...

    ReplyDelete