Saturday, December 23, 2017

Happy Holidays!

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives) 



On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
Oh wow… that was sixty years ago.
I probably did sit on his lap because I was a greedy kid… I wanted all those toys

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
Naughty…

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
Nope. We normally have a Yankee Swap.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
Yup.
Digital Camcorders Full HD 1080P 30FPS 24MP Video Camera 16X Digital Zoom IR Night Vision Digital Camera with External Microphone and Wide Angle Lens

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?
Bah Humbug… I don’t have any favorite movie.
But I did go to see the play A Connecticut Christmas Carol.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes and then we went and had Chinese.
It was only my brother, sister-in-law, niece, and her son, her son got to pick the movie.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
Nope, I never really drank that much booze at Christmas parties… well once I was out of my twenties that is.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Don’t tell my diabetes doctor but holidays are “For-the-hell-of-it” day so I have hot mulled apple cider with Captain Morgan rum.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
Driving six hours to a three hour dinner.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a Yankee Swap variation on FaceBook that involves rolling dice. It looks like a fun alternative to the usual.

    Merry Christmas, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every day should be a "for the hell of it day" anymore. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete