Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday 9: As Time Goes By

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: As Time Goes By



 1) This is the theme song of Casablanca, generally acknowledged as one the screen's great love stories. In honor of Valentine's Day weekend, what's your favorite movie romance?
I’m at an age where I like romantic movies like Hope Springs and On Golden Pond

2) Even though he was only 5'8 and had a receding hairline, Humphrey Bogart was a popular leading man. What movie or TV actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?
I have two crushes on TV shows, Emily Deschanel from Bones and Angie Harmon as Rizzoli on Rizzoli & Isles.

3) Sweethearts are those little heart-shaped candies that are printed with messages like, "Be Mine" and "Kiss Me." Do you like how they taste?
Way too much sugar so I don’t eat them and when I could I never liked the taste.

4) Valentine's Day is a big day for florists. When is the last time a floral arrangement adorned your table or desk?
I can’t remember, probably it was the last time my parents were over my house.

5) Do you think an e-card means as much as a conventional card in an envelope?
Nope, besides there is really good change that the card contains a trojan virus or is spam so I don’t even open them.

6) Despite what you see on Valentines, the human heart isn't bright red. It's really a brownish shade of red, like a brick. Now it's your turn. Share some trivia that's been rattling around in your head. (It does NOT have to be about Valentines or the human heart. It can be any random fact at all.)
Beta cells in your pancreas create insulin and when you have no more Beta cells you become diabetic.

7) When is the last time you thought your heart would break?
Two years ago.

8) What is the most recent thing to lift your heart?
When someone told me that I made a difference in their life on Monday when I did a workshop on cultural competency.
You have an awesome story to tell and it made a deep impression on the staff. Thank you so much for coming and sharing it with us. I know I will be talking with you again and please know I am touched by your warmth and kindness.
9) Who is the most "hard hearted" person you know?
Boy you really want to get me into trouble by naming names.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, #8 was very moving! And I didn't know that about diabetes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet that note was! And as far as #9? I'd go for the people in Idaho with your "bad news" down below. What asshats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Golden Pond--what a wonderful film! Makes me cry EVERY TIME I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny with Angie. She replaced Jill Hennessy on "Law & Order" and then her series set in Boston, has a lot of the elements of "Crossing Jordan". Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really nice compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually bought those hearts in the sugar free version before. It was a while ago and you know what happens when you eat too much sugar free anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't name my tormentor either. Too close to someone I reaally care about.

    What a nice compliment and I hope you will be "up" for a long time over it. Very Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great compliment. Hope Springs is a good movie - I don't think it got the reviews it should have.

    ReplyDelete