Monday, February 10, 2014

I’m Giving A Workshop This Morning

I’m always a little nervous giving a workshop as a subcontractor. It is a workshop at a non-profit organization where they want to train their staff on LGBT issues, they contacted another woman who will be running the training and she asked me to do the trans* part of the workshop. So I don’t know how my part will fit in with her presentation.

Will we cover the same things? Will there be gaps?

They are a service agency that works with people with disabilities, so my talk will cover what difficulties a trans-client will be facing and what they need to know about when they have a trans-clients. Such things like using the proper pronouns and using their preferred name which might not be their legal name.

Have laptop will travel, address programed into the GPS, I’m off…

Update 2:10PM
The workshop went very good, some questions during my talk and some came up to ask questions afterward. The director was very happy and invited us back. Afterward, I went out to lunch with the woman that co-presented with me. I'm full, time for a nap.

1 comment: