Tuesday, August 13, 2013

So You Want To Travel.

People ask me do I want to travel and my answer is usually yes, but I want to see the U.S.A. in my Chevrolet or in my case, my Prius. That is because many other countries around the world are not so trans-friendly, in some countries you can actually lose your head for being trans* or lesbian or gay.

This morning’s Washington Post had an article about “40 maps that explain the world” and number sixteen was “Where people are the most and least tolerant of homosexuality

Notice the Caribbean, see all the red! Along with the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Northern Africa you could get killed traveling there. There are parts of Central America and Eastern Europe are not all that friendly towards LGBT people and definitely not Russia.

Even in friendly countries you still have to know the “safe” areas to travel and the areas to stay away from and that includes here in the U.S.A.

If you doubt me just look what happened in Philadelphia last month,
A man is in custody after he allegedly murdered his transgender lover and then dumped her body parts in a vacant lot in the Strawberry Mansion section of Philadelphia.
That is right, “body parts” he hacked her up into pieces and there usually are about a dozen other murders of trans-people here in the US. All it takes if for some guy who has the “hots” for you in a restaurant to find out he has the hots for a trans-woman to get you killed. Anywhere! In your neighborhood tavern or walking down the streets of London.

So do I want to travel? Yes, here in the US and Canada first and if I go to Europe I think I travel with a “Gay” tour, but I would never travel to a red country.

No comments:

Post a Comment