Saturday, August 03, 2013

Saturday 9: I'm a Believer

Crazy Sam’s  Saturday 9: I'm a Believer


Thanks to Cie for recommending the Monkees

1) This song is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes, but you both need that spark to make it last.

2) "I'm a Believer" is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one?
There was Daydream Believer that also reached #1 on Billboard. Peter Tork use to live in Connecticut and once in a while dropped in to a local bar and jammed with the band.

3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals?
Yes and I lost. I got stood up on a date, she had a last minute “babysitting” job but I saw her latter at the local McDonalds (Actually it was the only McDonalds in the state at the time) with a football player.

4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire?
No way! I have a hard enough time walking across a bridge.

5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
Not really, on Monday nights I watch Major Crimes, Tuesday night I watch Rizzoli & Isles and the other nights I usually do not watch TV. However, I have been watching “Orange is the new Black” on Netflix.
After I have a couple cups of coffee I reread the question.
No I don't have any favorite days of the week, I'm retired so every day is a weekend.

6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia's efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance.
I didn’t go to that many school dances because I ended up standing in the corner drinking cokes trying to get up an enough nerve to ask a girl to dance.

7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees' faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch -- chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad?
Chicken salad.

8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would you rather spend it at the mall, checking out what's new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves?
Walking in the woods, which I will be doing latter this morning.

9) Do you have a good memory for names?
I am horrible and here I was trying to lobby for a bill and I couldn’t remember the legislators names.

10 comments:

  1. Jealous! Daydream Believer is one of my favorite songs and would have loved to hear Peter play it live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch those shows as well and I've also heard so many people watching Orange is the new Black. I think I'll check it out when I get home from vacay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! What do you think of OitNB? I just finished it yesterday and I'm already pumped for season 2. I don't know if I can wait until 2014 for new Sherlock & new Orange is the New Black! I don't watch tv much so I'm impatient for the shows I actually do care for! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bex I love it, I started watching to see how they portrayed one character but I got hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always can agree with most of your answers on these memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about that show - I'm now hooked on The Walking Dead, though. Just started watching season one last month, and now I'm into season three LOL
    Enjoy your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated the football players...

    And for a time I was one... but not "a star"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! Your day of the week answer cracked me up. I love major crimes and Orange has been getting great reviews. I have a date to start watching it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to watch OitNB! I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'm hooked on The Newsroom, currently. I hate that there's a year between seasons, though. :-(

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your #5 :)

    I'm a Netflix person too.

    ReplyDelete