Wednesday, June 16, 2010

On The Road Day 9

Yesterday there was no good news about the van; it looked like it was another day in Asheville, and so I headed off to the mountains. This time I drove north on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The mountains down here are different from the mountains up north in that their slopes are steeper than the Berkshires, the Green or White mountains. Therefore, when you go up a mountain the road is all hairpin curves or switchbacks.

I stopped at three overlooks, at the Pounding Mill overlook; I took a panoramic view composed of five photos. It was a spur of the moment idea and I didn’t set the camera properly so you can see the seams of the photos.

These photos are from Craggy Mt. overlook and in one of the photographs you can see the tunnel through the mountain.



The last photo is of the overlook at Glassmine Falls.I got more bad news about the van, they ordered the wrong part and it will not be ready until Friday. Therefore, I’m looking into another way to get home. Maybe renting a car.

Day Ten & Eleven is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment