On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) When is the last time you shed a tear?
Yesterday.
I am not going into details but it is a family health issue.
2) Lyricist/producer Bob Crewe recalled he got the idea for this song while watching a movie on TV. "Big girls don't cry" was a line from the 1956 film Slightly Scarlet. Give us a quote from another movie.
Plastics!
3) This inspiration came to Bob during the late night/early morning hours. What time of day are you most productive?
2 AM.
4) Bob wrote another song for the Four Seasons, "Silence Is Golden." The band was not happy with their recording and never released it as a single. Three years later, The Tremeloes had an international Top 10 hit with "Silence Is Golden." Tell us about a decision you wish you could do over.
No. Too embarrassing.
Too many times I want to do over stuff… mainly what I say doesn’t come out right.
5) Before he got his big break, Four Seasons lead singer Frankie Valli worked as barber. Do you have a hair care appointment scheduled?
First, and I said this many, many times… you got to have hair! When you are a “Chrome Dome” you don’t need to see a barber.
6) Oscar-winning actor Joe Pesci has a connection to the band. He was a young chum of Four Seasons founding member Tommy DeVito. By the time DeVito left the group and found himself overwhelmed by gambling debts, Pesci was a star. He helped his friend out, making Tommy his personal assistant and getting him cameo roles in films. Tell us about someone who has been there for you in tough times.
Actually yesterday was a really down day.
7) The Four Seasons disbanded in 1977 after 17 years together. The original bandmates reunited onstage 1990 when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was an important night for them professionally and personally, too, as it gave the old friends a chance to reconnect and mend fences. Is there anyone from your past you wish you could reach out to?
Yes, my father “Where did you hide those keys?”
8) Another hit song from 1962 was "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." Tony Bennett compares San Francisco to Rome, Paris and Manhattan. Have you visited any of those four cities?
San Francisco, my sister-in-law’s brother lives in San Francisco and we visited them once out there.
9) Random question – You're home all alone. Do you close the door when you use the bathroom?
No… it is never closed always open. 24/7.
Yesterday was my birthday and the pharmacy really tick me off. And made it into a bummer day. I posted it on my blog if your want to read. But I'm not going to link to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment