There is a difference between political differences and harassment. Boycotts and pickets have a long history of protests, but...
Montano’s Restaurant in Truro has been subject to online threats, harassment, and hoax 911 callsBoston HeraldBy Tim DunnSeptember 26, 2026A popular Cape Cod restaurant has been inundated by online threats and harassment, even a hoax 911 call resulting in a massive emergency response, in retaliation for hosting a fundraiser for two Massachusetts Republican political candidates.Montano’s Restaurant hosted Republican gubernatorial candidate Mike Minogue and a GOP congressional candidate last week for a fundraising event as the November general election draws closer.“We’ve been getting all kinds of hate mail, and I mean hate. A lot of responses on social media saying, ‘hope your building burns down,’ and other threats directed at me. It’s ridiculous,” Montano’s owner Ed Medeiros told the Herald over the phone.“I don’t understand it, these people down here, you know? I tolerate a lot of outbursts at the restaurant from different people and everybody who comes in. My restaurant is welcome to everyone. I don’t discriminate. I don’t do any of that. And for this to [happen], it just shows that it’s (society) become if you don’t share my opinion then you need to go,” he said.The harassment began almost immediately, with a hoax 911 call being placed just two days later reporting a pregnant woman in labor lost in the woods behind the restaurant. The subsequent law enforcement response saw scores of emergency vehicles and even a Massachusetts State Police helicopter respond to search for the supposed victim.
Besides tying up valuable resources it is also illegal!
Another restaurant felt the fallout from supporting Trump...
CBS BostonJanuary 13, 2021The owner of a long-time restaurant in Eastham says his reputation is on the line after attending the President's speech in Washington, D.C. last week. "I've done nothing wrong, I'm guilty of stupidity," said Nate Nickerson, owner of Arnold's Lobster and Clam Bar.He says he attended the rally at the invitation of a friend and was far back in the crowd, barely able to hear the president's words. But now he's the subject of death threats and threats to boycott his Cape Cod restaurant because he says he's been associated with the rioters. "I've been called a domestic terrorist, Hitler, that I went there to promote civil war," he said.
Harassment is never the answer!
The tip of the Cape is changing... big money is coming... private jets are lined up at P'town airport. And with big-money comes conservatives.
No comments:
Post a Comment