Sunday, July 19, 2026

Things That I’ve Noticed Once I Transitioned

I started this list over twenty years ago, when I first transitioned. I thought I would discover endless differences between men and women. Instead, after all these years, I only have two things that really stand out.

First and for most: My god they talk in the bathrooms!
Second. Men are macho. I've noticed that many men seem to communicate through competition, confidence, and posturing. “Me Caveman! Ugh!”
Women, on the other hand, often seem more cerebral and relational in the way they interact.

One way I've come to think about it is that men often compete to win a mate, while women are more likely to present or "preen" themselves.  Women are nurturing, men are competitive.

But you  know what else it says… in over twenty years I haven’t seen that much difference between the genders. I think that is the amazing part! We are more alike than different.

t is how far you are on the spectrum that matters. Super macho men can go too far, as we see with Hegseth. When everything becomes a competition, that is when it crosses the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment