Saturday, September 23, 2023

Saturday 9: Answer the Phone

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song likens a relationship to a roller coaster ride. When did you most recently visit an amusement park?
Yeah as if I would remember… maybe it was 55 years ago. It was probably Riverside Park in Agawam MA and is now Six Flags New England.

2) Lead singer Mark McGrath reasons that his girl should answer the phone because he knows she's home. That was decades ago, when most homes still had landlines. Where were you when you took your last call? Were you at home?
Home, the repairman for my new washer.
I just bought new washing machine when after 30+ years it developed a leak, since it was over 30 years old I thought that I got my money out of it so I bought a new one. They brought it in and set it up and the new one also leaked. The repairman came out looked at it and said I need to order a part… three weeks later it was fixed. But I have a marathon of washing to do, four weeks of wash! Because I couldn’t was my sheets and towels I bought new towels.

3) He remembers the glow of her face when he gave her a rose. Have you recently given or received a gift of flowers or a plant?
Nope. I barely keep my plants alive with being away for 6 weeks.

4) Sugar Ray's debut CD was called Lemonade and Brownies. Crazy Sam admits she'd prefer milk with her brownie. What about you? Does the combination of lemonade and brownies sound good to you?
Well I like lemonade and I like brownies but I don’t know if I like the two together.

5) In 2005, Mark McGrath was a guest judge on American Idol. At one time, Idol was the dominant singing competition show. Today, in addition to American Idol, viewers can also watch The Voice and America's Got Talent. Are you a fan of any or all of these shows?
Nope, I have never watched any of them. Nor reality TV shows.

6) Sugar Ray is a famous name in boxing circles. Sugar Ray Robinson and  Sugar Ray Leonard were both world championships. Are you a boxing fan?
Nope, I don’t like violence. I just can’t see watching two people beat the brains out of each other. I say “people” because women are also taking up boxing.

7) In 2001, when this song was popular, the Leaning Tower of Pisa reopened to the public after more than a decade of renovations. Have you ever been to Italy? If yes, where did you go? If not, is a trip to Italy on your wish list?
Nope, and it is not on my list. If I did go to Europe I would travel though the Alps, I am hooked on cab view train videos.

 

8) Also in 2001, Liverpool's Speke Airport was renamed John Lennon Airport. Liverpool's is the first airport in the United Kingdom to be named after an individual. Tell us about something in your hometown that is named after someone.
Well there are several named after early settlers, roads, brooks, parks, and schools. We are also the home of the first “Yankee Peddler” they used to travel around in the summer tinware that they made in the winter and sold in the summer.
 
9) Random Question: Is the screen on your cell phone cracked?
Nope, I don’t use it that much.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



Whew! The hurricane wasn’t that bad, I lost power for about 3 hours and the wind wasn’t as strong as they forecasted. But all was not well, the wind blew the cover off of the garbage can which was under the eaves and the rain ran off the roof into the garbage can which filled it with water. So all the garbage bags were also filled with water as a results each bag weighed around a 100 pounds! I threw my back out bringing them to the dump. All this week my back hurt. I had all my earns to do this week that I've been home with doctors' and a dentist appointment. Plus a Fiftieth anniversary party

What a difference 3 days make! The surfers loved it!
 


8 comments:

  1. I think I’d enjoy touring the Alps

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cab view train video is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video is cool. It would be a great way to see the countryside. I love history and would love to get back up to New England for a long leisurely vacation and poke into all the historic places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, I would recommend Old Sturbridge Village (MA), Deerfield (MA),
      Salem Pioneer Village (MA), Mystic Seaport (CT), and Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park (VT)

      Delete
  5. I also loved the video of the Alps. There are some others that go through Norway and Sweden we watched but I've not seen this one. So thank you. :o)
    You are so tall I'm not surprised that you have back problems.
    My washer turned up it's toes one day, and it spat up all over the floor. Such a mess they make when they die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to the Alps some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #3 my Mom was the one with the green thumb in our family... I can't grow anything. I look at it wrong, it dies. I had a cactus as a kid. Yep, it died. A cactus doesn't even need to be watered. 😂Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete