Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday 9: I'd Really Love to See You Tonight

Sam’s Saturday 9: I'd Really Love to See You Tonight (1976)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
This morning I’m driving up to the Cape so I will not be able to post your comment until this afternoon



Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song is about a guy who, out of the blue, phones an ex. Have you ever spontaneously phoned or emailed a former lover? Has an ex ever reached out to you?
No, but I received a call from an ex girl friend… she pressed the wrong button on her speed dial and we had a nice talk.
One thing that I thought of after we hung up… she still has me on her speed dial

2) He suggests walking through the park, taking a drive along the beach, or watching TV. Do any of those suggestions appeal to you right now?
Well this afternoon I will be on the Cape and I will be down on the beach to see the sunset.
Newcomb Hollow Beach (Wellfleet) MA)

3) "England Dan" got his nickname because he was a passionate Beatles fan and would affect a British accent when he talked about his favorite group. Are you good at imitating accents?
No… I have a hard time just pronouncing the works correctly. Sometime I have to tell you how I pronounce “paradigm.”

4) Dan met John Colley when they were high school classmates in Dallas. When they were still kids, they agreed that "John Ford Coley" would be a better stage name. Think back to your high school days. Which of your friends daydreamed along with you?
I had a few friends that we dreamed about becoming an astronaut.

5) After the duo disbanded, "England Dan" went to Nashville, billed himself by his real name -- Dan Seals -- and recorded country music. Who is your favorite country performer?
Willy Nelson


6) Today John Ford Coley lives in TN. He performs occasionally and raises horses. Have you ever been to TN?
Yes, when I was little we traveled to all the Civil War battlefields in eastern Tennessee.
Then recently I traveled down to Asheville via I-81

7) In 1975, when this song was popular, Foster Grant Sunglasses had a suggested retail price of $5/pair. Do you buy sunglasses more for fashion or utility?
I have a pair of clip-on sunglasses.

8) The most popular movie of 1975 was Jaws. Have you seen it?
Yeah when it first came out, I didn’t like it then I don;t like it now.

9) Random question: Excluding anyone related to you by blood or marriage, what man are you closest to?
Hmm… I don’t think any are.

6 comments:

  1. I love how much you love your time at the. beach. And I think it's cool that she still has you on speed dial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day at the beach! It looks so nice!
    Willie Nelson is a good country choice also! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fact--one of the two astronauts on the first all-female spacewalk yesterday was a student at the school where I teach. We're doing a direct satellite link with her on the 29th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paradigm. There is another one that trips me up. As usual it isn't coming to mind.

    Mazomanie. A town one hundred miles to the west. I always say mah-zom-ah-nee. Nope. May-zo-mane-ee.

    Anglicised versions of French corruptions of the Chippewa, Menomonee, Fox, Sauk, Potawatomi, Oneida placenames.

    Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cool that you like Willie...I don't think I would have ever guessed that. :)
    Oh, I bet with spending so much time at the Cape, Jaws hit a little close to home back in the day!
    Enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the female astronaut walk yesterday live on the NASA sight. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete