Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday 9: Live Like You Were Dying

Sam’s Saturday 9: Live Like You Were Dying (2003)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song is about a man whose father advises him to live life to the fullest, to become "the friend you'd like to have." How about you? Are you the friend you'd like to have?
My friends will probably say yes, but we always have self doubt… maybe I could have done something more.

2) The song lists several "bucket list" items: skydiving, mountain climbing, riding a bull. Have you done any of those things? Would you like to?
No, no, and no.
But I do wish that I was healthy enough to go backpacking again, I really miss the camping in the wilderness by a lake.
Rocky Mountain National Park 1974 -- Backing to
the high peaks with a friend

3) In the music video, Tim McGraw is wearing a white button-down shirt, blue jeans and a cowboy hat. Which of those items is in your wardrobe?
A white button-down shirt and blue jeans

4) He wears a cowboy hat because he is embarrassed by the size of his forehead. When you wear a hat, are you more likely doing it for style, like Tim, or for protection from the elements?
For protection.
I happened to be going though a box of old stuff a  couple of months ago when I came across my old backpacking hat.

5) McGraw's biological father was Tug McGraw, pitcher for the Mets and Phillies. How did your baseball team do this season?
Since I don’t care for sports I have to answer NA for this question.

6) Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill live just outside of Nashville. They enjoy inviting friends over to sit around a bonfire, drinking beer and playing guitars. Tell us about the most recent gettogether you had with friends.
It was with the birthday girls… a number of us have our birthdays in October so we celebrated by going out to dinner together.

7) Tim likes his tattoos. He admits his silliest one -- a leprechaun wearing a cowboy hat -- was acquired during a night of drinking. Do you have a tattoo? If so, are you glad you have it and would you get it again?
No it don’t have any tats and never will.
Personally I don’t like tats but if you like them that’s okay with me.

8) In 2003, when this song was popular, the supersonic Concord took its last flight. When did you most recently board a plane? What was your destination?
In 1999. Seattle for my cousin's wedding.
I guess you might say that I’m not a frequent flier/

9) Random question: When did you last walk around the house naked?
Thursday morning… after my shower when I remembered that I had left my “unmentionalbes” in the drier.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you and your friends were able to drink the birthday toast with me and my friends at eight o'clock (your time) last Saturday night.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of your birthday girl dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I celebrate my birthday early and often! It's at the end of the month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss tent camping off into the wilderness. Mostly the deserts.
    Like you, I don't fly very much.
    Your Birthday Girls dinner sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am less of a flyer than you, apparently. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! The girls birthday night out! Glad you all got to do that! Happy birthday too.
    I do not care for tattoos either. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete