Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday 9: Shake It Off

Sam’s Saturday 9: Shake It Off (2014)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This song makes Crazy Sam want to dance. What song inspires you to get on your feet?
The songs that the kids listens to now… they make me want to get up on my feet and run away.

2) Paul McCartney met Taylor Swift at the SNL 40 Anniversary special and told her he really enjoys playing and singing this song. What's the last song you sang along with?



3) The lyrics tell us Swift "shakes off" nasty gossip and unfair criticism. What about you? Do you worry about what others think of you?
Yes, I think we all do. There was a book that I had to read, “The Social Animal” by Elliot Anderson, let’s face it we all are social animals that look for approval of our peers. Think about the last time you found out that your friends had a get-together without you, how did you feel?

Rejection of LGBTQ youth by society is the number one cause of suicide in the community.

4) Her parents are big music fans, and were going to name their baby (boy or girl) "Taylor" after their favorite artist, James Taylor. Can you think of a singer that your mom and/or dad really enjoyed?
Glenn Miller.
I listen to "Big Bands" music sometimes when I am in the mood.

They had all his albums and I remember when they attended a Glenn Miller tribute band… they were in heaven for days and all they talked about for days afterward was about the concert.

5) She grew up on an 11-acre Christmas tree farm. Do you get a fresh tree every year, or do you have an artificial tree, or do you not put up a tree at all?
I started putting up an artificial tree and having an open house on the Sunday before Christmas.

6) Taylor Swift is 5'10". According to the CDC, the average American woman is 5'4" while men are, on average, 5'9". Are you taller or shorter than average?
Well in my younger days I was six foot now I think I have shrunk with age.

7) She enjoys good, old fashioned mysteries, especially those by Agatha Christie. Are you currently reading a book for pleasure?
I’m listening to a free audio book “The Clock Strikes Thirteen” by Mildred A. Wirt-Benson.
Penny Parker is a teen-aged sleuth and amateur reporter who has an uncanny knack for uncovering and solving unusual, sometimes bizarre mysteries. The only daughter of widower Anthony Parker, publisher of the "Riverview Star," Penny has been raised to be self-sufficient, outspoken, innovative, and extraordinarily tenacious. Her cheerful, chatty manner belies a shrewd and keenly observant mind. Penny was the creation of Mildred A. Wirt, who was also the author of the original Nancy Drew series (under the pseudonym Carolyn Keene). 
8) Her brother Austin is a freelance photographer who took the official pictures for her 2008 concert tour. Who took the last photo of you?
The police, I had to stand in front of a wall with markings for height and hold a card with numbers on it … just kidding.

A friend took this while we were sitting around drinking a beer in a bar in Provincetown or as it is known by the locals P’town.



9) Random question: What's your go-to comfy outfit?
Well now it is moving away from sundresses or tee shirts and shorts with sandals to jeans, long sleeve tops with sneakers, later in the season the long sleeve tops will be replaced by baggy sweaters.

7 comments:

  1. That's a cool story you're listening too. I recognized the name as the author of the Nancy Drew books right away. Penny Parker sounds a lot like Nancy Drew, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first answer is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought Nancy Drew was written by several different authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of you! What a gorgeous backdrop too. I am not jealous at all. Hee, hee It is beautiful there. ♥
    Big band music is great and your Christmas party sounds like so much fun! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up listening to my dad's Glenn Miller, too, and will listen to him on my own now and then. I play him a lot for work, as well.

    That looks like a gorgeous spot to sit and have a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that first answer, and 8 as well! lol! And your sweet, shy look.
    Oh Mz. Ella... *sighs* big time. Love to hear those sweet, mellow tones that come out even in a jump, jazzy tune.
    Enjoy the Fall weather, and go see the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read you were having an open house I thought, "Oh no! She loves her cottage!"

    So. Open house is a house party. To me, open house is when you have to leave for the afternoon while the real estate agent conducts tours to try to sell your house TO PERFECT STRANGERS WHO DO NOT TAKE THEIR SHOES OFF!

    Enjoy your open house!

    ReplyDelete