Friday, September 06, 2019

A Loving Family

Research has shown that the best indicator of a positive transition is having a supporting family.
More than a haircut: Father and transgender son’s heartfelt moment captures the hearts of thousands
Good Morning America By Nidhi Singh
September 4, 2019

When Ezekiel Acosta came out as transgender to his family years ago, he had no idea that a haircut from his dad would hold so much meaning.

In a three-second video he posted to Twitter, Acosta -- also known as Zeke -- is seen getting a trim from his dad, Daniel Acosta. Zeke was preparing for a job interview the next day, and his dad stepped in with a pair of scissors to give him a fade and help him get ready.

“When I first came out as trans my parents didn’t know wtf to do with me, almost 3 years into my transition and my dad’s out here giving me a fade and trimming my beard in the backyard. If you needed a sign that things get better here it is,” Acosta wrote on Twitter accompanying the video.
[…]
“That moment for me was not only my dad accepting me as a man, you know ... but also about, I guess, a tribute to all the men out there who, despite not having fathers growing up, became great dads,” Acosta told “Good Morning America.
He is well on his way to a successful transition.



I am up at the cottage on Cape Cottage today waiting for Dorian.

They are forecasting a glancing blow from Dorian 40 – 50 mph winds with several inches of rain. They expect it to be a category 1 or a tropical storm by Friday night and Saturday morning.

I am not so much worried about damage to the cottage but worried about down limbs and the power going out, so I will buy several bags of ice to keep in the refrigerator. Along with a book, water,  battery powered radio, and flashlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment