Thursday, January 10, 2019

Oh When Will They Ever Learn

Something that I never figured out, why would a trans person be a Republican? They hate our guts and are doing everything they can to erase us but still they vote Republican and I know four or five trans people who are Republicans.
Commentary: Jennifer Pritzker: I'm a transgender Republican, but my party is marginalizing me out of existence
Chicago Tribune
January 9, 2019

To me, restrictions on transgender military service are personal. I am a transgender woman. Before my transition, I served as a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army. I am proud of the value I provided the military during my 27-year career.

I am also a Republican who generously supports my party. While Democrats accept the pronoun I prefer, I firmly believe the best government is that which governs least. It's a mistake for the Republican Party to ask me to choose between my true identity and my philosophy of government.
Um… “governs least?” You call trying to control our bodies governing the least? That wants women take a vaginal ultrasound before having an abortion governing the least? Do you say that forcing us to pee in the wrong bathroom governing the least?
I've grown frustrated as I watch this Republican administration push to ban transgender military service. Anti-transgender platforms are causing me to evaluate my party support.
Well yeah.
I have hoped the Republican Party would reform from within and end its assault on the LGBTQ community. Yet, the party continues to champion policies that marginalize me out of existence, define me as an eccentric character and persecute me for using the public restrooms that correspond to my gender identity.
Not only us but also blacks, Latinos, Native Americans, Muslins, and Jews. Now because it affects us personally you start questioning your party affiliation.

[RANT]
One other thing she said got a burr under my collar…
I have supported many Republicans in elections. The Republican Party more closely aligns with my beliefs in a less interventionist government. Democratic Party policies can be too costly and restrictive on citizens. Lowering regulations helps protect people's individual rights with private property, business and investments. Increasing taxes and creating or adding to government agencies are not a guaranteed solution to any problem.
I just heard the same thing from a town selectman. They were voting on enforcing the town’s blight ordinance, a residence had junked cars in his front lawn, the lawn was never mowed, shutters were hang off the house and the Republican selectman said he was voting against the enforcement of the ordinance because it would infringe on the property owner rights, meanwhile neighbors were complaining their property values were going down, one resident said his house has been on the marker for over a year and his real estate agent said it was because of his neighbor junkyard in his front lawn.

Or how about the farm who thinks it should be his right to let animal waste flow into a stream and pollute his downstream neighbors’ water? Or a coal plant that causes acid rain on the neighboring states?

We are all interconnected we no longer live in isolation. From the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire we learned that we need fire codes, from the Buffalo Love Canal we learned that we need environmental controls. What you do in your factory, or on your property affects us all.

My house is a mess but outside I try to keep it neat for my neighbor’s sake. I try to treat people like I want to be treated, I realize that we all have to get along together but to me it seems for the Republicans it is Me, Me, Me.
[/RANT]

No comments:

Post a Comment