Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Story Part 147 – The Holidays

In 2007 I transitioned and for the first time I went to family holiday functions as Diana and also for the first I finally got Christmas presents that I really want and enjoyed. All my life I sat there always wishing for present that my mother, niece, sister-in-law and aunts received for Christmas, but that year I didn’t have to wish anymore.

That year I got a pocketbook from my niece, and a matching necklace and earrings from my sister-in-law. No more ties! No more plaid flannel shirts! No more… “Oh just what I wanted!”

One of my best Christmas presents were a pair of homemade Christmas tree earrings, the wife of a friend of my brother and sister-in-law made them and what made them so special was that she made them for women in our family. She gave a pair to my sister-in-law, to my niece, to the wife of my nephew and to me.

Yes, the holidays are special and now even more so than ever. Merry Christmas!

My Story is a weekly series of blog posts about my transition and observation of life as a trans-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment