Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day Four At Fantasia Fair In Provincetown MA

The monsoons have arrived!

It has been not raining, but pouring for 24 hours!

Last night I was planning on going to the first part of the fashion show, but I didn’t want to drive all the back to P’town in the pouring rain and then drive twenty miles in the rain to the cottage. So I went out to dinner with the friends I’m sharing the cottages with and then we came back, and watched a movie. During the night you could hear the surf pounding at high tide, the offshore storm created huge waves that caused beach erosion, this a photo that I took earlier in the week when we went for a walk along the beach.
How would you like to own this cottage? It probably will be not long before it falls into the sea and I think it is too late for the rip-rap to protect the shore from erosion.

Update: As I was posting this the sun just came out and the clouds all vanished!

No comments:

Post a Comment