Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stags v. Bridal or Baby Showers

The Showers wins hands down over a stag.

Stags are all about booze and gambling, while showers are socializing – showers win!
Cheap keg beer v. sangrias – showers win!
Loud and boisterous v. laughter and quite talk – showers win!
Cigar smoke filled rooms v. light pleasant atmosphere – showers win!

Granted I have only been to one bridal shower and one baby shower, but I like the showers a whole lot more than stags. I never really got into stags, I’m not a big drinker, I’m not a gambler and I don’t like cigars. While at my nephew’s fiancées shower, I loved the tradition of something new, something old and something barrowed. I found out that the family had a tradition that I never knew of passing along something old from bride to bride. Yesterday, at my other nephew wife’s baby shower I liked the light banter when she was opening the gifts. It was a nice day of family bonding.

Compare that to a stag, where guys see who can chug a beer and crush the can on their forehead the fastest… oh fun!

Some call showers "Hen" parties, but I much rather go to a "Hen" party then a "Co... ah, um...Roster" party.

No comments:

Post a Comment