Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

My brother and I went up to the cottage and we opened up the cottage for the summer. It is always an adventure when we open it up; you never know what went wrong over the winter. Here is a brief synopsis of the weekend...

No hot water... hot water tank busted over the winter
Dishwasher sprung a leak... parts back ordered
We were planning on replacing backdoor this weekend... the door had to be special ordered
Gave a pint of blood to the black flies (the season is all most over ) and mosquitoes

However, we did put in the dock
My brother did a lot of painting
I dusted, cleaned and washed the sliding glass doors
Changed the looks on the doors
And I cooked a couple of good meals for us, Shrimp Creole and Shish Kabobs
I went in the lake, surprisingly the water was warm (it was 70deg and the air was 90deg)

No comments:

Post a Comment