Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Class Began Last Night

My STEP class at the UConn School of Social Work began last night; I am only taking one class this semester. I am maxed out on the number of credits I can take in the STEP program, so I am going to apply for admissions to the Master’s program for next fall.
The class I am taking is “Grassroots Neighborhood Organizing” and every week we have to write a 1 – 3 page paper on what we discussed in class or another topic relating to organizing. We also might have to write a term paper but the professor has not decided yet if she is going to require a term paper. Therefore, with all my background in organizing I should do very well in the class.
It is a small class of only seven students and I have worked with one of the other students, she is an intern at Connecticut Women Education and Legal Fund (CWELAF) and works on the Anti-Discrimination Coalition panel.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a really good class, Diana. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete