Saturday, October 21, 2023

Saturday 9: Something More

Sam's Saturday 9: Something More (2005)

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer questions, however, and here are today's questions!

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) Sugarland's lead singer Jennifer Nettles describes a busy morning that begins with a cup of coffee. Do you start your day with a cup of joe?
Nope, not anymore. But I like my coffee black.

2) When she gets home from work, she sings that her house is dirty but says housework can wait until she has a glass of wine. Is there a particular chore on your "to-do" list that you keep putting off?
Yes, with my health I get short of breath.

3) The lyrics tell us happiness is something we can create. Do you agree?
Kind of, it depends how much negativity to over come. Sometimes it is beyond our control like the sensitive tooth that is pounding in my mouth.

4) In the video of this week's song, the members of Sugarland ride along in a vintage Cadillac. Are you one of those drivers who has a nickname for your car?
Nope. My niece and nephews call my father’s car “The yellow bird”

5) The group hitches a ride in a red truck. The auto insurance industry tells us that Americans favor vehicles in the grayscale colors. Nearly 80% of cars on the road today are white, black, gray or silver. What color is your vehicle?
Red.

6) Nettles achieved her dream of performing on Broadway when she took over the role of Roxy in Chicago. What's your fantasy job?
I don’t have one… I’m retired!

7) She wrote a cookbook with her mom called Sweet, Savory and Simple. When it was originally published, it was spiral bound. That way, it could be laid flat on the counter as the cook tries one of the recipes. How many cookbooks do you own?
I have all my mother’s cookbook plus about four of my own. (P.S. I have a recipe blog where I add recipes.)

8) In 2005, when "Something More" was topping the country charts, Paul McCartney won a People's Choice Award for his concert tour. Do you have any plans to enjoy music performed live between now and the end of the year?
Nope. I will let the younger generation attend them.

9) Random question: Who received the most recent compliment you gave?
I am very stingy with my compliments, but I do thank people. So when you do get a compliment you know you deserve it.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

***

Last week I mentioned that I still have the sweater my aunt gave me.
 
A little about it...
 
It is made not out of wool but cotton. It is stained with all sort of thing, grease and food being the two main stains. After being caught in many rain storms, the sleeves are now way down pass my finger tips and it is more like a miniskirt coming down to my mid-thighs. It has been stuffed many times in my backpack from when I used to go backpacking in the Adirondacks. But, it still keeps me warn and it is good for working around the house.

5 comments:

  1. I had a feeling your car would be a bright color

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... the sensitive tooth that is pounding in my mouth." Ow! Very evocative way to express it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so disappointed when my mother threw out her cookbook because she didn't use it any more. It never occurred to her that *I* might like to have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She used to cut recipes out of magazines and newspapers and tape them to 3x5 card with notes like "Lu [my father] loves this"

      Delete
  4. Your answer to #3... truly perfect!

    ReplyDelete