Saturday, July 15, 2023

Saturday 9: Touch Me in the Morning


On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Diana Ross sings that nothing good lasts forever. Do you agree?
Everything has it season.

To everything turn, turn, turn
There is a season turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under Heaven

2) She sings about a happy past with her lover, and the strength she'll need to face tomorrow alone. Do you find yourself more often remembering the past or anticipating the future? 
Well when you get into your seventies, you have a lot of memories.

3) In the 1970s, Diana Ross had young daughters. To spend maximum time with her girls, she would sleep all day when they were in school. That way she could have dinner with them, bathe them and put them to bed before going to the studio and recording all night. Have you ever worked the night shift? 
Yeah… it is no fun. I have also worked 36 hours non-stop, first shift came in and said “You all are here early!” and we replied “We have gone home yet.”

4) Diana has five children altogether. There's a 16-year age difference between her oldest daughter, Rhonda, and her youngest son, Evan. Studies have shown that when there's a big gap between siblings, parents consider the older kids "built-in babysitters." In your family, were the older kids ever in charge of the younger ones? 
Probably, but that was a long, long time ago.

5) She says her favorite sweet treat is Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies. Do you have a favorite cookie?
Actually it is the same brand, they are pretty good… but usually it is anything with chocolate in it.

6) Around the time she recorded this song, Diana Ross considered making a movie called The Bodyguard. She was to play a singer who received death threats, and Steve McQueen would portray the man hired to protect her. Scheduling conflicts prevented the movie from being made. It wasn't filmed until 1992, and then with different stars. Without looking it up, can you name stars of The Bodyguard? 
Who? What” I never heard of the movie.

7) In 1973, when this song was #1, Norman Mailer was atop the best-seller list with his controversial biography of Marilyn Monroe. Do you often read biographies and memoirs? 
No not really, I am more of a sify fan but a gift for my MSW internship they gave me a biography about Annie Leibovitz and it was very good.

8) Also in 1973, another Motown singer, Stevie Wonder, was injured in an automobile crash and still has a scar on his nose to show for it. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Ha! They call me crash! My last accident was two years ago at the Bourne South Rotary. I was just concentrating on my exit when wham, bam! A car on the inner lane hit me. Now tell me two lanes rotary make sense, if you are in the inner lane and have to get to the outside lane you have all the cars in your blind spot. They have an average of one accident a day at the rotary, they acutally have a cop stationed their because of all the accidnets. I have since found a way on the Cape that doesn’t involve a rotary!

9) Random Question: What's the last thing you borrowed or lent?
I can remember it has been so long ago. It follow Shakespeare advice, “Neither a borrower, nor a lender be.”


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. The small town I grew up in has a rotary. We called it The 8 Corners. During high school driver's ed I literally couldn't figure out how to get off of it. I'm surprised I'm not still spinning around.

    You may never have heard of The Bodyguard but you certainly know the soundtrack. It's the movie where Whitney Houston sings "I Will Always Love You." I don't think anyone alive in the 90s was able to avoid that song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I have heard "I Will Always Love" and I like the song.

      Delete
  2. We call those things "roundy-rounds" down here. They're relatively new to our area and no one likes them. The state calls them a round-about here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are called round-abouts here in PA. We've just started to get them in the last few years. I don't mind them, but they sure seem to confuse the heck out of a lot of people for some reason and there is one that scares me half to death due to the big trucks that FLY around it. Trying to jump on with them is hair raising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answer on 1.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful song by the Byrds.
    And, "anything with chocolate in it" sums up my cookie or cake favorites. lol And your advice about Never a borrower or lender be.... yep. My younger kids were the WORST little scamps. I think one of them sold some things she "borrowed" from me, knowing all that I now know.

    ReplyDelete