Saturday, July 08, 2023

Saturday 9: Mercy


On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

7AM weather report from Cape Cod:
Temp: 72F
Dew point: 69F
Humidity: 90%
It is so humid that we are covered in a thick fog and everything feels like a wet dishrag.  I can hear Highland Lighthouse's fog horn off in the distance. 


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Shawn Mendes pleads with the girl he loves to be careful with his heart. Clearly he feels she's more important to him than he is to her. Do you believe that, in every relationship, someone always loves more?
I believe that it is very hard to know the depth of someone's feelings.

2) He says that he'd willingly drive through the night just to be near her. Do you enjoy your time behind the wheel? Or do you consider driving necessary but not necessarily pleasurable?
Yes. Yes to both. Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don’t.

Driving to Cape Cod is a pain, it is all interstate highways. Driving a rural country lane is fun. There was a road where we had our cottage in New Hampshire that was fun to drive. Rolling hills, long lazy curves, stone walls on both side of the road through farms and orchards… it was fun to drive in the fall when the leaves are changing. Later this month I will be driving on Vermont country roads and staying at a Vermont B&B for a cookout.

3) He acknowledges that she has good intentions, but she hurt him anyway. Can you think of a time when you unintentionally hurt someone's feelings?
I am very careful that way, I try to think before I say something and I don’t spread rumors. 

4) Shawn Mendes was a serious skateboarder during his high school years. Crazy Sam admits she's never even been on a skateboard. How about you? Are you more like Shawn or Sam, or are you somewhere in between? 
Naw, when skateboarding came out I was passed the age when you wanted to learn. I was old enough that I realized that I could get really hurt on one of those things.

5) While in his teens, he taught himself to play guitar while watching YouTube videos. Do you spend a lot of time on YouTube? If yes, what type of videos do you watch most often?
Believe it or not train videos, videos out the cab windows. They travel through beautiful country side, some are going up mountains in Switzerland or through Norwegian country side.

6) When he's traveling or busy working, Shawn eats cold cereal for every meal -- breakfast, lunch and dinner. He says it's fast, tasty, and better than the fast food he'd grab otherwise. Will you be getting any meals "to go" this weekend?
Yeah, I’ll get take out tomorrow from a local restaurant that I like.

7) In 2016, the year this song was popular, Game of Thrones was TV's hottest show. Were you a fan?
Nope. It was on HBO I think and I didn’t subscribe to it.
 
8) Also in 2016, a German shorthaired pointer won Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Show. Tell us about a dog who holds a special place in your heart.
Well my brother and sister-in-law got a new dog, since they are both seniors they got a senior dog.

9) Random question: What's the subject line of the top email in your spam folder?
***SPAM*** Louis Vuitton Bags Up To 90% Off! Top Quality Low Cost! Shop Online Now!

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I checked the link to that restaurant and no wonder you really like it. Their menu looks fantastic.
    Louis Vuitton bags would have to be 90% off for me to afford one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the things I did as a kid. As an adult I look back and see that I could have really gotten hurt. I remember going really high in a swing and then jumping off. Back then we wore dresses and at least I had a parachute, and the boys didn't skin their knees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about train videos on youtube. I might have to take a look at those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Well there you go, I'll give you my $500 Southwest Airlines gift card to go with your almost free luggage!

    ReplyDelete