Saturday, September 05, 2020

Saturday 9: Work Hard, Play Harder

Sam’s Saturday 9: Work Hard, Play Harder (2009)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

I am up at the cottage with company so it might b hard to answer posts.

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) We're celebrating the last holiday of summer by going country. Who is your favorite country music artist?

Charlie Daniels

2) Gretchen Wilson sings that on Tuesdays, she gets up before dawn. This morning, did you awaken on your own, or did you need an alarm clock?

On my own somewhere around 3 AM, not by choice.

3) She tells us that she doesn't waste her time on manicures or spay tans. How about you? Have you recently spent any money at the salon?

Yes. 

4) She sings that she's the first to clock in at work. Have you ever worked a job that required you to punch a time clock?

Yes, my jobs during high school and college.

5) Gretchen Wilson says she is a big fan of McDonald's and tries to eat there once a day when she's on tour. In terms of sales, America's 3 most popular fast-food lunch destinations are McDonald's, Starbucks and Subway. If you could choose a gift card to one of those three, which would you select?

Ugh. None, I would pick the more popular coffee shop here in the northeast, Dunkin.

6) Gretchen has endorsed Redneck Riviera Whiskey. What's your favorite adult beverage?

It varies; right now it is an Amaretto.

Since this Monday is Labor Day, the holiday established to celebrate the American worker … 

7) Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss?

No, but I was/am the boss.

8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a boss. Are you one of the 50%?

Nope and I wasn’t one of those bosses. I had a list of what had to be done and when and they did it.

9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job that required you to be outdoors most of the time?

Nope… I was a desk jockey.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!




5 comments:

  1. So many of us seem to have trouble sleeping these days ...

    "Desk jockey." I like that phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely photo. I don't drink coffee or eat donuts so the food choices were out of my ballpark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie Daniels!!! YES! I love him! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charley Daniels is a wonderful singer. ❤️
    And I think you would have been a great boss to work for. No creeping Goal Posts!
    Enjoy the weekend, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a time I thought I was single handedly keeping a Dunkin in business

    ReplyDelete