Tuesday, July 02, 2019

It's Just Another Day

There are so many blogs out there talking about going out en femme, well every day I go out en femme.

Yesterday I went to get the season’s beach pass. I drove down to the town pier where the office is located and I thought that I beat the crowd, well I kind of did, and the line only had about five people out the door.

I was in line with a couple of women we chatted about the town, one woman was there the day before and the computer system went down after she was in line for about an hour, the other woman was worried that she only had the dealer’s paperwork.

Inside they had three lines so we each picked one and the race was on!

My line had some touristy flyers and I picked up one on the winery and distiller in North Truro, there was also a collection of shellfish that I studied as I was moving along in the line.

Then it was my turn. Driver license… check. Registration… check. Credit card… check and I was out of there in about  forty-five minutes. As I was walking out the door I waved the car beach pass and the two other women laughed they still had several more people in front of them.

The thing is that once you transition every day you interact with strangers and ninety-nine point ninety-nine nine of the people don’t care if you are trans.

The guy who remodeled my cottage bathroom was taking aback for about a second or two and then I was just another costumer. In the supermarket nobody cared and it is not just the P’town grocery store but all the stores (However, the P’town Stop & Shop probably has a dozen lesbian and gay couples shopping at any given time. When I was wandering around the store looking for BBQ sauce an elderly gay man saw and asked if he could help. He said oh that is over in isle 5 and he lead me there and described the BBQ sauce he liked.). I even think that there was a trans woman and her partner were shopping.

Yeah there are bad times, in town I ordered a pizza, when I went to pick it up everyone had to come out and look at the “trannie,” I could hear them laughing in the kitchen. A lesbian friend who has a place in Eastham told me about the “Red Barn” and I have been getting my pizza there since. They welcome the color of my money.

Tomorrow or Friday I am going to the Massachusetts Audubon Society’s Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and see if the two nice ladies are still at the front desk and I hope to posts some of the photos from the visit. I also going to visit a local nursery to buy some flowers for my window boxes.

Last week I was at the Connecticut Legislative Office Building and the Capitol; all the guards know me, maybe not my name but the six foot trans woman they know.

The thing is every day I interact with cisgender people and it becomes nothing special…
Every day she takes a morning bath she wets her hair
Wraps a towel around her as she's heading for the bedroom chair
It's just another day
Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes
Dipping in the pocket of her raincoat
It's just another day
Beatles’ Another Day

No comments:

Post a Comment