Monday, July 15, 2019

Fun & Games

I don’t know about you but having your car serviced is not my favorite pastime but this morning that is where I will be sitting with my ice coffee and a book.

When I first transitioned I dreaded going to places with a high testosterone levels like car dealers and building supple places. However once you transition you have no choice.

I have to admit that as usual my worries were for naught. I haven’t had any problems, the only problem that I have is mansplaining. I know what a Kellems® grip is “I don’t need no lecture.”

I personally know 4 trans people who works or used to work for Home Depot and one of them was a night store manager.

It is the little stores that I have problems with, a local hardware store I will not go back to ever. When I walked in to the store to have a propane tank filled a store employees noticed me and when I left the store there were a five employees lined up by the door giggling. But the same chain of local hardware stores up in New Hampshire (the only hardware store for 20 miles) was fine with me.

When I had to have my car repaired after an accident, I could tell the moment when the owner realized I was trans. His eyes got wider and he stepped back a step, but by the time we finished talking he was back to normal talking distance.

So when this is published I should be sitting in the waiting room with my book and coffee waiting for them to do the 30,000 mile checkup.

When I made the appointment the counter person asked what the mileage is on the car, I said that I don't know, the idiot light just for routine maintenance,

No comments:

Post a Comment