Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Catcalls…

There was an article on CBS News about women firing back to men who make catcalls.
Minnesota woman confronts and exposes cat-callers
CBS News
July 23, 2014

For Lindsey, hearing catcalls is nothing new, but now she is exposing her alleged harassers.

"Women were put on this earth to satisfy a man, so if she feels offended she should've never been born," another cat-caller said.

"Oh my God!" Lindsey responded.

She created a website which has already posted more than a dozen videos of her street side confrontations.
[…]
A study last year found that nearly two-thirds of females experienced street harassment. About 41 percent of those said the harassment became physical.
So why did I bring this up? To stop it, it is a form of sexual harassment, the guys probably think they are being cool and some are maybe doing it to hide the fact that they are gay.

An also because it happened to me on Saturday when I was out on Fire Island, but in a very negative way, if you look at yesterday pictures you can see that the boardwalks are narrow and go right by the cottages.

I was coming back from the ocean side in my bathing suit with a towel wrapped about my waist when I passed a group of men sitting out on the deck; when I walked by one of the men called out a man’s name and said, “There is one for you! Do you want me to fix you up with her?” and all the other men laughed.

My first thought was “A**hole,” my second thought was, at least they thought that I was a woman and then I thought this is the cr*p that women have to put up with all the time.

Updted July 31, 29014

No comments:

Post a Comment