Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday 9: Come to My Window

Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: Come to My Window



Melissa Etheridge is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

Watch the video here.

1) This song is about a woman passionate about love and willing to pursue it, no matter what "they say." Are you fearless when it comes to public opinion? Or do you worry about what "they" think of you?
I think so, if I did worry I would never make it out the door

2) Melissa's father was a high school teacher. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on you.
Mr. Downer, he was my high school science teacher and the advisor for the science club.

3) Melissa won a Grammy for this song. If you won a major award, where would you display it?
Probably down in the basement on the bar with my other awards.

4) Which TV game show do you think you'd do better on -- The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune?
I would be lousy for both of them, I would rather be on Jeopardy

5) Are you neat and organized?
Ha! I’m single so I don’t have to worry about picking up after myself.
 
6) When was the last time you went more than a day without washing your hair?
Well I shower every day so therefore I wash my hair every day.

7) When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
I hate Chinese food but the last time I did eat Asian food I used a fork. If I want to go on a diet I would use chopsticks.

8) Are you a good cook?
Yes, it is probably do to the fact that I had to take three years of chemistry classes. After all cooking is just like chemistry, a little of this and a little of that.

9) We're having a party in your honor! Would you prefer a costume party, a bowling party or a pool party?
I hate costume parties, therefore, the choice is between bowling or a pool party. So I would have to say it depends upon the seasons, pool parties in the summer and bowling parties in the winter.

5 comments:

  1. I love your chopsticks answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want a pool party in the winter, we'll rent out an indoor pool for you. I promise!

    As my mom got older, she stopped shampooing her hair every day because she was convinced all that washing contributed to her hair thinning. But she still showered every day, of course. One of my saddest moments after she died was finding her little shower cap on a hook on the bathroom door. It seems so intimately hers, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to worry less about how others perceive me, but I still try to keep their feeling in mind when I communicate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had Chinese food in like forever. The salt kinda turned me away for good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked Jeopardy too... and I have to wash my hair every time I shower, too. I don't have that kind of hair that doesn't get all gross, if I don't!

    ReplyDelete