Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday 9: Hopelessly Devoted to You

Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Hopelessly Devoted to You


Olivia Newton-John is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

You can listen to the song here.

1) This is a sad song about unrequited love. What's your favorite love song, and is it happy or sad?
Lulu "To Sir With Love" I just heard it on Sirus and I loved the song back in school.



2) This song is from the Grease soundtrack. When that movie came out in 1978, the price of a postage stamp was just 15¢. When's the last time you visited the post office?
Friday, I collect the mail for our non-profit.

3) Not many people know that Olivia's maternal grandfather, Max Born, won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1954. Share something about yourself that we might not have known before this morning.
I am tone deaf and I can’t keep a beat.

4) Olivia's father was an officer in MI5, the UK's secret service. Sam's most recent run-in with the authorities had less intrigue or glamor, as it included a policeman pointing out the stop sign she'd somehow missed. Tell us about your most recent encounter with law enforcement.
Last December when a hit-and-run driver hit my brand new car with only 200 miles on it.

5) Olivia is part owner of an exclusive, luxury retreat called Gaia. If you had a day of free access to a heated pool, golf course, tennis court, gym, and day spa, but could only use one, which one would you choose?
A heated pool; back in my 20s I went skiing at Mt. Snow but the weather was horrible so we spent the day in their outdoor heated pool.

6) Are you flirtatious?
Nope.

7) Do you more often wear silver, gold, or platinum?
I wear more gold jewelry.

8) When you're on the phone, do you usually make the first move toward ending the call? Or do you find it hard to say goodbye?
About even. It all depends on who’s talking.

9) Would you rather be smarter, richer, or more attractive than you are right now?
Smarter. Runner up: more attracted.

4 comments:

  1. I loved To Sir With Love - great movie, and great song!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live directly across the street from the post office yet I rarely go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had a brand new car that I was driving to work and some DB came whipping off of the highway and right into my car. Didn't even stop and it was busy traffic. uuggghhh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been in an outdoor heated pool. Sounds like a fabulous experience!

    "To Sir, with Love" is a wonderful song.

    ReplyDelete