Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Workshop Proposal Was Accepted

I submitted a workshop proposal for the True Colors conference in March on “Transgender Activist History: From World War II to the Presents”. The conference of the largest conference for LGBT youth in the world! Last year they had close to 3000 people attend it, I know because I was an intern working on planning the conference.

My workshop summary (in a 150 words or less)…
The workshop will look at transgender activist from World War II until the present. It will cover the history of the movement and notable transgender activists such as Sylvia Rivera, Dallas Denny, Virginia Prince and Christine Jorgensen. In addition, the workshop will look at the Stonewall Uprising from a trans-perspective and will cover legislative victories, defeats and betrayals, both locally and nationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment