Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9: Spooky
1. Does anything about Halloween “spook” you?
Naw. Halloween is not scary for me, I just worry about getting my car egged are waxed.
2. What is the favorite costume you have ever worn for Halloween?
A scuba diver outfit, that is how I got my nick name at college, Snork. I had a snorkel as part of the costume and by the end of the night; we were using it to shoot shots of beer and as a bong. The next time I took scuba class, it was so yucky that I had to buy a new snorkel, it tasted of stale beer and of pot.
3. What is your favorite thing about Halloween?
Not much since I don’t celebrate it.
4. What one topic is (or was) the most painful to discuss with your parents? Why?
Me being trans and I never discussed it with my parents. I was afraid.
5. What was the happiest day of your life? Do you think you'll ever top it?
The day I went before the judge to change my name. Yup, when I graduate from college.
6. What animal would you like to be able to communicate with?
Snakes, if Harry Potter can do it, so can I.
7. In what way do you come nearest to perfection (as you define it)?
I don’t know. Maybe with my GPA 3.84, close but no cigar
8. Do you have any recurring nightmares?
9. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be and why?
In the trans-community we ask the question, it you could take a pill and not be trans any more, would you? My answer to that question and this question is, then I wouldn’t be me, I would be someone else.
I'm going to be at the convention center in Hartford all day tomorrow at the NBC Health and Wellness festival at the True Colors table. If you are in the area stop by, help me to relive the boredom.