Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Good And The Bad


The Good…
Last night I went to a Recognition Banquet for the Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF) and before the dinner, they have a Silent Auction. This year I decided to donate one of my photographs for the auction, it was fun watching the bidding war going on over the photograph. The final bid was $80.

The Bad…
I was standing on the hard floor talking for over an hour and I had to parked several hundred yards from hotel. By the time I got home, my feet were killing me.
In addiction, one of the persons who was recognize at the Banquet was the Director of the M.S.W. Program, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Assistant Professor of Community Organization. Since my concentration is Community Organizing, hence most of my professors were there. One of the professors of a class that I have to take was sitting at my table and I was slightly uncomfortable socializing with them, I felt like I should have been home working on my papers.

1 comment:

  1. I think the networking is more valuable than missing the event.

    ReplyDelete