Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday 9: The Happy Labor Day Meme

Crazy Sam's Saturday 9: The Happy Labor Day Meme

1. What are you doing special this weekend for Labor Day?
On Labor Day, I am going to a party, but right now I am up at the cottage.

2. What was your best vacation this past summer?
The summer…

3. Did you do anything special for the 4th of July?
We were up at the cottage and had a fireworks display of our own (It is legal in New Hampshire)


4. What did you do special for Memorial Day?
Worked up at the cottage.

5. How was the weather? Tell us where you live and how the weather was as compared to summers past.
We were lucky and had good weather most of the time both in Connecticut and New Hampshire. A number of rainy weekends, but when you are retired, weekend are no different the weekdays.

6. Did you discover a new favorite summer drink?
The same old, same old lemonade

7. Did you enjoy this summer’s Olympics?
I didn’t watch them, I was having too much fun up at cottage

8. I am from New England (Rhode Island). Lobster rules supreme in the summer. Is lobster part of your summer ritual?
Why limit lobster to only the summer? We just had some lobster in cream sauce last night. But I like not just lobster but also steamed clams, fried clams, New England Clam Chowder and corn on the cob

9. What was the best single day of your summer?
It is hard to limit it to just one day, but last weekend was on the top ten.


Updated: 12:38
Changed Janet to Crazy Sam's... Sorry Samantha

4 comments:

  1. You've had a fun summer!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Labor Day weekend!! I love reading these meme's, so I think I'll do this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on lobster. In fact it is huge here for New Years. Happy Saturday, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, a cottage. I'd love to have one somewhere that isn't 95 degrees and 95% humidity--lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete