Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cottage & the Forth Of July Party

I got back from the cottage yesterday after spending three days there with a couple of friends and my brother and sister-in-law. The weather was beautiful most of the time, we had a brief afternoon shower on Wednesday and it rained over night on Friday but other than that, it was a great weekend.
Here are a couple of photos from the weekend…

The ferocious and exotic wild life...
It took us five minutes to go down the lake and forty minutes to come back because the wind calmed to a light breeze and we baked under the bright sun.

Sunset on the Forth of July...

# # # # #

When I got home from the cottage on Friday afternoon, I rushed over to the Forth of July party at an old high school friend’s house. I would guess that there were about fifty people there, most of whom I knew for at least twenty years. I had no problems with anyone, no one made any comments, and some stopped by to say “Hi” but I felt like a two dollar bill, not phony but out of place. Don’t get me wrong, I had a good time but it was like I was out of phase, that I was dancing to the beat to a different drum. I don’t know if I did anything that was different from the other years, I think that I behaved the same way that I did at other 4th of July parties but it just felt odd.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Di,
    Yeah, I imagine it would feel odd but you did it!!!! You showed up at a reunion of decades old friends and acquaintences. That was a pretty tough crowd but you did it!!! Yay!!!!!
    And to think that I thought that you needed help! Congrats again Di!!!
    Luvs,
    Deja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fantastic that you went to that party. You are so brave and strong. I'm glad it went well for you and I bet it will just get easier.

    Love the bunny photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Glad you went to the party--imagine, the next time will be that much easier.

    ReplyDelete